dining roomdining room
A room, as in a house or hotel, in which meals are eaten.
(plural dining rooms)
- Alternative spelling of dining room.
- Using a pine bough as the centerpiece for our dining-room table was a unique and stylish idea.
- On Sunday the 18th of March 1582, as the prince came out of his dining-room Jauregui offered him a petition, and William had no sooner taken it into his hand than Jauregui fired a pistol at his head.
- In length, was erected, which contained tenements, an amusement or lecture hall, and a dining-room where all ate at a common table, and where board was provided at cost, sometimes as low as sixty-three cents per week.
- The collections in the Chinese and Japanese rooms, and the grisailles in the dining-room painted by Jacobus de Wit (1695-1754), are also noteworthy.
- A parlour, library and dining-room made up the suite of apartments.