an opening in a wall, as between a kitchen and dining room, often with a shelf, as for passing food
- An opening between two rooms, especially a shelved space between a kitchen and dining room that is used for passing food.
- A route through which something is permitted to pass.
- A financial security collateralized by a portfolio of mortgages or other loans, the income from which is passed through an intermediary before being distributed to investors in fixed payments. Also called pass-through security.
- The policy, practice, or act of paying for an increased cost by raising the price charged to one's customers or clients. Also called pass-along.
(third-person singular simple present passes through, present participle passing through, simple past and past participle passed through)
(plural pass throughs)
- (US) A framed, window-like aperture in the interior wall of a house, usually between a kitchen and dining room, through which items (especially food) can be passed. A serving hatch.