noun pl. dinghies
- a rowboat used originally on the rivers of India
- a small boat carried on a ship
- a small boat used as a tender as to a yacht
- a small, single-masted racing boat
- an inflatable life raft
See dinghy in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. din·ghies
- A small open boat carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a larger boat.
- A small rowboat.
- An inflatable rubber life raft.
Origin: Hindi ḍiṁgī
Origin: , variant of ḍeṁgī, ḍeṁgā, float, raft
Learn more about dinghy