- a rowboat used originally on the rivers of India
- a small boat carried on a ship
- a small boat used as a tender as to a yacht
- a small, single-masted racing boat
- an inflatable life raft
Origin of dinghyHindi ???gi
Also sp. din′gey
- A small open boat carried or towed as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft by a larger boat.
- A small rowboat or motorboat.
- An inflatable rubber life raft.
Origin of dinghyHindi &dlowdot;i&mdot;gī, variant of &dlowdot;e&mdot;gī, &dlowdot;e&mdot;gā, float, raft.
(third-person singular simple present dinghies, present participle dinghying, simple past and past participle dinghied)
- (intransitive) To travel by dinghy.