- having two colors
- of or characterized by dichromatism
- Biol. having two seasonal varieties of coloration that are independent of sex or age, as certain species of insects, owls, or parrots
Origin: di- plush chromatic
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Possessing or exhibiting two colors.
- Zoology Having two distinct color phases not associated with season, sex, or age, as do certain species of birds.
- Pathology Of or relating to dichromatism.
dichromatic - Medical Definition
- Having or exhibiting two colors.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by dichromatism.