dichromatic definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- having two colors
- of or characterized by dichromatism
- Biol. having two seasonal varieties of coloration that are independent of sex or age, as certain species of insects, owls, or parrots
Origin: di- plush chromatic
dichromatic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Possessing or exhibiting two colors.
- Zoology Having two distinct color phases not associated with season, sex, or age, as do certain species of birds.
- Pathology Of or relating to dichromatism.
dichromatic - Medical Definition
- Having or exhibiting two colors.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by dichromatism.