- Di is defined as an abbreviation for drill instructor or diameter, or the symbol for didymium.
- An example of di is the officer that teaches new soldiers about the military.
- An example of di is the length of a line down the center of a circle.
- An example of di is the symbol for a metallic mixture.
- twice, double, twofold: dichroism, dicotyledon
- Chem. having two atoms, molecules, radicals, etc.: diacid
Origin of di-Classical Greek di- ; from dis-, twice ; from Indo-European an unverified form dwis (from source Classical Latin bis, Middle High German zwis) ; from base an unverified form dwo, two
- diagnostic imaging
- donor insemination
- drill instructor
- Two; twice; double: dichromatic.
- Containing two atoms, radicals, or groups: dichloride.
Origin of di-Greek; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.
Variant of dia–.