- the act of deterring
- the policy or practice of stockpiling nuclear weapons to deter another nation from making a nuclear attack
The definition of a deterrence is the act of stopping something from happening.
An example of a deterrence is having a fire extinguisher available to put out a fire.
- The act or a means of deterring.
- Measures taken by a state or an alliance of states to prevent hostile action by another state.
- Game theory was also developed into a central element of the deterrence paradigm.
- If you are a victim, you can access information about the Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act to learn more about your rights and the legal steps you can take to fight these instances.