- dead wood on trees
- ☆ a useless or burdensome person or thing
- heavy timbers at the bow or, esp., the stern of a wooden ship, just above the keel
- Dead wood, including fallen or standing trees, branches, and stumps.
- One that is burdensome or superfluous.
- also dead wood Sports Fallen bowling pins that remain on the alley.
- Nautical The vertical planking between the keel of a vessel and the sternpost, serving as a reinforcement.
- coarse woody debris
- people judged to be superfluous to an organization or project
- money not realized by exiting a winning pump trade too early
How would you define deadwood? Add your definition here.
comments powered by