Origin: L Congregatio Sancti PauliCongregation of Saint Paul
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
csp - Computer Definition
(1) (Certified Systems Professional) An earlier award for successful completion of an ICCP examination in systems development. See ICCP.
(2) (Commerce Service Provider) An organization that provides any combination of consulting, software and computer systems for e-commerce Web sites.
(3) (Cryptographic Service Provider) A software module that performs encryption based on one or more cryptography algorithms.
(4) (Cross System Product) An IBM application generator that runs in all SAA environments. CSP/AD (CSP/Application Development) programs provide the interactive development environment and generate a pseudo code that is interpreted by CSP/AE (CSP/Application Execution) software in the running computer. For AS/400 applications, CSP/AD generates compiled code. EZ-PREP and EZ-RUN are counterparts for PCs.
(5) (Chip Scale Package or Chip Size Package) A chip housing that is slightly larger than the chip itself. More than 100 types of CSP packages have been developed, mostly using BGA mounting. See BGA.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.