- the doctrine that God creates a new soul for every human being born
- the doctrine that ascribes the origin of matter, species, etc. to an act of creation by God, specif. to God's creation of the world as described in the Bible
Belief in the supernatural origin of the universe or of humans and other living things, especially as based on the literal interpretation of the account of the creation related in the Bible.
(usually uncountable, plural creationisms)
- (theology) The doctrine that each individual human soul is created by God (in Christianity, Judaism, Islam and the Baha'i Faith), as opposed to traducianism.
- Any creationary belief, especially a belief that the origin of things is due to an event or process of creation brought about by the deliberate act of any divine agency, such as a Creator God (creator god).
- The belief that a deity created the world, especially as described in a particular religious text, such as the Quran or the Book of Genesis.
creation + -ism