- the doctrine that God creates a new soul for every human being born
- a doctrine that ascribes the origin of matter, species, etc. to acts of creation by God, often, specif., such a doctrine that rejects Darwinian evolution and upholds the description of Creation in the Book of Genesis
(usually uncountable, plural creationisms)
- (theology) The doctrine that each individual human soul is created by God (in Christianity, Judaism, Islam and the Baha'i Faith), as opposed to traducianism.
- Any creationary belief, especially a belief that the origin of things is due to an event or process of creation brought about by the deliberate act of any divine agency, such as a Creator God (creator god).
- The belief that a deity created the world, especially as described in a particular religious text, such as the Quran or the Book of Genesis.
creation + -ism