The definition of coterminous is things or areas that share boundaries.
An example of coterminous is the forty eight states within mainland United States.
Variant of conterminous
(comparative more coterminous, superlative most coterminous)
- (of property leases) Linked or related and expiring together.
- (of regions or properties) Having matching boundaries; or, adjoining and sharing a boundary.
- New York City's borough of Brooklyn and New York State's Kings County are coterminous.
- To get a building warrant he had to show the plans to "coterminous proprietors", neighbours with whom his property shared a boundary.
- Having the same scope, range of meaning, or extent in time.
- Meeting end to end or at the ends.