This car is called a convertible or a ragtop.
convertible definition by Webster's New World
that can be converted
Origin: Old French ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin convertibilis
- a thing that can be converted
- ☆ an automobile with a top, as of canvas, that can be folded back or removed
- Finance a bond or preferred stock that can be converted into common stock at the holder's option
convertible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- That can be converted: a convertible sofa bed.
- Having a top that can be folded back or removed: a convertible automobile.
- Abbr. cvt. Lawfully exchangeable for gold or another currency: dollars convertible into yen.
- Something that can be converted.
- A convertible automobile.
- A convertible security.
- con·vertˌi·bilˈi·ty noun
- con·vertˈi·bly adverb