This car is called a convertible or a ragtop.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Origin: Old French ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin convertibilis
- a thing that can be converted
- ☆ an automobile with a top, as of canvas, that can be folded back or removed
- Finance a bond or preferred stock that can be converted into common stock at the holder's option
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- That can be converted: a convertible sofa bed.
- Having a top that can be folded back or removed: a convertible automobile.
- Abbr. cvt. Lawfully exchangeable for gold or another currency: dollars convertible into yen.
- Something that can be converted.
- A convertible automobile.
- A convertible security.
- con·vertˌi·bilˈi·ty noun
- con·vertˈi·bly adverb
convertible - Business DefinitionThe American Heritage® Dictionary of Business Terms Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
convertible - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.