Origin of convertibleOld French ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin convertibilis
- a thing that can be converted
- ⌂ an automobile with a top, as of canvas, that can be folded back or removed
- Finance a bond or preferred stock that can be converted into common stock at the holder's option
- Capable of being converted: a convertible sofa bed.
- Having a top that can be folded back or removed: a convertible automobile.
- Lawfully exchangeable for gold or another currency: dollars convertible into yen.
- Something that can be converted.
- A convertible automobile.
- A convertible security.
(comparative more convertible, superlative most convertible)
From Old French convertible