- a furnace for converting pig iron into steel in the Bessemer process
- an electrical device for converting alternating current into direct current
- the part of a radio receiver that changes modulated high frequencies to lower frequencies
- any device for adapting a radio or television receiver to added frequencies or modulations
- catalytic converter
- One that converts, especially:a. A furnace in which pig iron is converted into steel by the Bessemer process.b. A machine that converts electric current from one kind to another.c. An electronic device that converts one frequency of a radio signal to another.d. A device that converts data from one code to another.
- One that is employed in converting raw products into finished products.