- consuming or tending to consume in a wasteful or destructive way
- Old-fashioned of, having, or relating to tuberculosis of the lungs
Origin of consumptiveMiddle English consumpt from Classical Latin consumptus (see consumption) + -ive
Old-fashioned a person who has tuberculosis of the lungs
- Consuming or tending to consume.
- Of, relating to, or afflicted with consumption.
A person afflicted with consumption.
(comparative more consumptive, superlative most consumptive)
- A person suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis.