conservancy[kən sʉr′vən sē]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- conservation of natural resources
- Brit. a commission authorized to supervise a forest, river, or port
- an organization dedicated to the protection of natural resources, historical buildings, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun pl. con·ser·van·cies
- Conservation, especially of natural resources.
- a. An organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats in the United States.b. Chiefly British A commission supervising fisheries and navigation.