conservancy[kən sʉr′vən sē]
- conservation of natural resources
- Brit. a commission authorized to supervise a forest, river, or port
- an organization dedicated to the protection of natural resources, historical buildings, etc.
- Conservation, especially of natural resources.
- a. An organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats in the United States.b. Chiefly British A commission supervising fisheries and navigation.
- The conservation of a resource
- An organization dedicated to the conservation of natural resources
- (UK) A commission that deals with fishery and navigation
- (US, law) A state in which a company is allowed to continue trading without incurring any new financial liabilities or disposing of any assets
- 1986 April 16, "Midland Insurance was placed in conservancy.", Los Angeles Times