- The definition of confectionary is something that is related to candy or candy makers.
Sugar used to make candy is an example ofconfectionary sugar.
- The definition of a place where candy is made is an example of a confectionary.
A candy maker's store where chocolate is made is an example of aconfectionary.
confectionary definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of or like a confection
- of confectioners or their work
noun pl. confectionaries
- ☆ confectionery (sense )
- a confection
confectionary definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. con·fec·tion·ar·ies
- A confectioner's shop; a confectionery.
- Sweet preparations; confections.
- Obsolete A confectioner.
- con·fecˈtion·arˌy adjective