- Confectionery means candy and sweets, or a store that sells candy and sweets.
- Chocolates, cakes and sugars are each an example of a confectionery.
- A store that sells chocolates is an example of a confectionery.
These chocolates are an example of confectioneries.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- confections or candy, collectively
- the business or work of a confectioner
- ☆ a confectioner's shop; candy store
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. con·fec·tion·er·ies
- Candies and other confections considered as a group.
- The skill or occupation of a confectioner.
- A confectioner's shop.