- Confectionery means candy and sweets, or a store that sells candy and sweets.
- Chocolates, cakes and sugars are each an example of a confectionery.
- A store that sells chocolates is an example of a confectionery.
These chocolates are an example of confectioneries.
confectionery definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. confectioneries
- confections or candy, collectively
- the business or work of a confectioner
- ☆ a confectioner's shop; candy store
confectionery definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. con·fec·tion·er·ies
- Candies and other confections considered as a group.
- The skill or occupation of a confectioner.
- A confectioner's shop.