An example of conductivity is heat transferring from hot pot of soup to a metal ladle sitting in the pot.
- the property of conducting or transmitting heat, electricity, etc.
- Elec. conductance per unit of area or volume, measured in siemens per meter: the reciprocal of resistivity
- The ability or power to conduct or transmit heat, electricity, or sound.
- The conductance of a material.
- Physiology The conductibility of a structure, especially the ability of a nerve to transmit a wave of excitation.
(countable and uncountable, plural conductivities)
conductive + -ity