- The definition of collegiate is related to, associated with or resembling a college or its students.
A lifestyle of partying and poverty commonly associated with college students is an example of a collegiate lifestyle.
collegiate definition by Webster's New World
- of or like a college
- of, like, or for college students
- of or like a collegiate church
Origin: Middle English collegiat ; from Late Latin collegiatus, member of a college
collegiate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or held to resemble a college.
- Of, for, or typical of college students.
- Of or relating to a collegiate church.
Origin: Middle English collegiat, from Late Latin collēgiātus, from Latin collēgium, association; see collegium.