A lifestyle of partying and poverty commonly associated with college students is an example of a collegiate lifestyle.
- of or like a college
- of, like, or for college students
- of or like a collegiate church
Origin of collegiateMiddle English collegiat ; from Late Latin collegiatus, member of a college
- Of, relating to, or held to resemble a college.
- Of, for, or typical of college students.
- Of or relating to a collegiate church.
Origin of collegiateMiddle English collegiat, from Late Latin coll&emacron;giatus, from Latin coll&emacron;gium, association; see collegium.
(comparative more collegiate, superlative most collegiate)
From Medieval Latin collegiatus (“colleague”), from collegium (“community, group”)