The definition of collegiality is the shared authority between two or more people who work together.
An example of collegiality is a group of teachers sharing the responsibility of student discipline.
- the sharing of authority among colleagues
- R.C.Ch. the principle that authority is shared by the pope and the bishops
- considerate and respectful conduct among colleagues or an atmosphere, relationship, etc. characterized by this
- Shared power and authority vested among colleagues.
- Roman Catholic Church The doctrine that bishops collectively share collegiate power.
collegial + -ity