- the sharing of authority among colleagues
- R.C.Ch. the principle that authority is shared by the pope and the bishops
- considerate and respectful conduct among colleagues or an atmosphere, relationship, etc. characterized by this
The definition of collegiality is the shared authority between two or more people who work together.
An example of collegiality is a group of teachers sharing the responsibility of student discipline.
- Shared power and authority vested among colleagues.
- Roman Catholic Church The doctrine that bishops collectively share collegiate power.
collegial + -ity