- the red, fleshy growth on the head of a rooster
- an ornamental plant (Celosia cristata) of the amaranth family, with red or yellow flower heads somewhat like a rooster's crest
See cockscomb in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The comb of a rooster.
- The cap of a jester, decorated to resemble the comb of a rooster.
- An annual plant (Celosia cristata) widely cultivated for its showy, fan-shaped or plumelike clusters of red or yellow flowers. Also called celosia.
- Obsolete Variant of coxcomb.
Learn more about cockscomb