- having an exaggerated opinion of oneself, one's merits, etc.; vain
- Obs. whimsical; fanciful
The definition of conceited is someone who is vain or has an enlarged ego or opinion of themselves.
An example of conceited is someone talking about how beautiful and popular they are.
Holding or characterized by an unduly high opinion of oneself; vain.
(comparative more conceited, superlative most conceited)
conceit + -ed
- simple past tense and past participle of conceit
See conceit (verb)
- I thought the famous pop singer might be conceited, but she seems very humble about her talent.
- Despite her beauty, intelligence and wit, Emma was not at all conceited.
- The conceited leader demanded a parade be held in his own honor.
- After Sonya placed first in a competition, she became so conceited she was unbearable for her friends to be around.
- Are you conceited? is an example, along with questions about shyness, generosity, and other general qualities.