A cobra in a warning posture.
- any of several genera (esp. Naja) of very poisonous elapine snakes of Asia and Africa, having around the neck loose skin which is expanded into a hood when the snake is excited
- leather made of the skin of this snake
Origin of cobra; from Portuguese cobra (de capello), serpent (of the hood) ; from Classical Latin colubra, a snake: see colon
- Any of various venomous elapid snakes, especially of the genus Naja, that are native to Asia and Africa and are capable of expanding the skin of the neck to form a flattened hood.
- Leather made from the skin of one of these snakes.
Origin of cobraShort for Portuguese cobra (de capello), snake (with a hood), from Latin colubra, feminine of coluber.
- Any of various venomous snakes of the family Elapidae.
cobra - Computer Definition
cobra - Investment & Finance Definition
See Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act.
cobra - Legal Definition
See Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985.