- a dull, heavy, hollow sound
- Informal a heavy blow
- Slang a dull or stupid person
Origin of clunkechoic
to move or strike with a clunk or clunks
- A dull sound; a thump.
- A blow that produces a dull sound.
- Informal A stupid, dull person.
verbclunked, clunk·ing, clunks
- To make or move with a clunk.
- To strike something so as to make a dull sound.
To strike so as to make a dull sound: “Icy weather affected the clock's mechanism and for several hours Big Ben clunked instead of bonged the time changes” ( Christian Science Monitor )
Origin of clunkImitative
- a dull, metallic sound, especially one made by two bodies coming into contact
(third-person singular simple present clunks, present participle clunking, simple past and past participle clunked)
- to make such a sound