Cleanup is defined as the elimination of crime, dirt, junk or anything else that you don't want, or is slang for a large profit.noun
- An example of cleanup is picking up the yard, planting crops and cutting the grass after the winter.
- An example of a cleanup is to triple your investment in one day.
The definition of cleanup is the fourth hitting position in a baseball lineup.adjective
An example of cleanup is the position where the strongest hitter usually goes.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the act of cleaning up
- ☆ elimination of crime, vice, graft, etc.
- ☆ Slang profit; gain
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A thorough cleaning or ordering.
- Informal The final, often routine tasks that complete a project.
- Slang A very large profit; a killing.
- Baseball The fourth position on a team's batting order, usually reserved for a strong hitter who can drive in extra runs.
- cleanˈupˌ adjective