The small round ball attached to this bell is the clapper.
- a person who claps
- the moving part inside a bell, that strikes the side of the bell; tongue
- the tongue of a garrulous person: used facetiously
- One who applauds.
- The tongue of a bell.
- Slang The tongue of a garrulous person.
- clappers Two flat pieces of wood held between the fingers and struck together rhythmically.
(third-person singular simple present clappers, present participle clappering, simple past and past participle clappered)
- To ring a bell by pulling a rope attached to the clapper.