cheap shotcheap shot
Slang an unnecessarily rough or mean action or remark against which there is no ready defense
An unfair or unsporting verbal attack on a vulnerable target.
- Alternative spelling of cheap shot.
(plural cheap shots)
- A deliberate, unsportsmanlike, and potentially illegal act of aggression against an opponent.
- Attacking a goalie trying to make a save is a total cheap shot, I think.
- (by analogy) A remark that unfairly disparages an obvious vulnerability of the target.
- School bullies always take cheap shots at kids with glasses.