Origin of CerberusClassical Latin from Classical Greek Kerberos
nounGreek & Roman Mythology
A three-headed dog guarding the entrance to Hades.
cerberus - Computer Definition
Also known as Kerberos. In Greek mythology, the three-headed dog that guarded the gates of Hades. Cerberus also had a snake for a tail and a serpentine mane. See also Kerberos.
- In 2007, Cerberus Capital purchased 80.1 percent of Chrysler from DaimlerChrysler for an estimated $7.4 billion.
- Even talks of a merger with GM's major stockholder, Cerberus Capital, ended with no agreement.
- Sonic Blade -- Cloud will gie you this after you defeat Cerberus.
- Amongst his children by Echidna are Cerberus, the Lernaean hydra, and the Chimaera.
- Cerberus rhynchops; Hypsirhina plumbea, Homalopsis; Hipistes hydrinus of Siam has a compressed body, and much resembles the Hydrophinae in general appearance and its partly marine life.