Origin of centipedeFrench from Classical Latin centipeda from centi-, centi- + -peda from pes (gen. pedis), foot
A centipede on a leaf.
The definition of a centipede is an arthropod (a bug) that has a long flat body with many different segments and many legs.
A worm-like bug with many segments and legs is an example of a centipede.
any of a class (Chilopoda) of elongated, many-segmented, insect-eating arthropods with a pair of legs to each segment, the front pair being modified into poison claws
Any of various predatory arthropods of the class Chilopoda, having a long flattened body composed of segments, each bearing a pair of jointed appendages. The appendages of the foremost body segment are modified into venomous claws. Also called chilopod .
Origin of centipedeLatin centipeda centi- centi- pēs ped- foot ; see -ped .
- Unlike the two-dimensional titles from the 80's like Ms. Pacman, Centipede and Jungle Hunt, the visual presentation of video games has moved into a new level of greatness.
- Seek out arcades that stock a few of the perennial favorites; Centipede, Tempest, Galaga and Pac-Man all seem to be fairly easy to find.
- Play Centipede, Asteroids, Missile Command, BattleZone, Star Raiders and others.
- Atari Classics includes games like Pole Position and Centipede''.
- However, they were a big hit and video game arcades everywhere would offer rows of popular titles like Pacman, Centipede, Donkey Kong and Space Invaders.