- a monetary unit, equal to of the basic unit, of: a) Costa Rica b) Paraguay c) Peru d) Venezuelausually written céntimo
- a monetary unit of São Tomé and Príncipe, equal to of a dobra
Origin of centimosee centime
- A unit of currency equal to 1100 of the primary unit in Costa Rica, Venezuela and various other countries.
- A former unit of Spanish currency that was equal to 1100 of a peseta.
Origin of centimoSpanish céntimo from French centime ; see centime .
- A cent, i.e. 1/100, of certain (mainly historic) Iberian and Latin American currencies, and presently of the Euro (coinage version in Spanish), as a coin or theoretic value
OriginSee also: cêntimo