pl. -·mos· or -·mi·
- a former money of account of Italy, San Marino, and Vatican City, equal to of a lira
- a monetary unit of Uruguay, equal to of a peso
- a monetary unit of Panama, equal to of a balboa
Origin of centesimoItalian and amp; Spanish ; from Classical Latin centesimus: see centesimal
- pl. cen·tes·i·mos A unit of currency equal to 1/100 of the primary unit in Panama and Uruguay.
- pl. cen·tes·i·mi A former unit of Italian currency, equal to 1/100 of a lira.
Origin of centesimoSpanish centésimo, hundredth, from Latin cent&emacron;simus; see centesimal, Sense 2, from Italian centesimo, hundredth, from Latin cent&emacron;simus.