nounpl. -·mos· or -·mi·
- a former money of account of Italy, San Marino, and Vatican City, equal to of a lira
- a monetary unit of Uruguay, equal to of a peso
- a monetary unit of Panama, equal to of a balboa
Origin of centesimoItalian and Spanish from Classical Latin centesimus: see centesimal
- pl. cen·tes·i·mos A unit of currency equal to 1100 of the primary unit in Panama and Uruguay.
- pl. cen·tes·i·mi, A former unit of Italian currency, equal to 1100 of a lira.
Origin of centesimoSpanish centésimo hundredth from Latin centēsimus ; see centesimal . Sense 2, from Italian centesimo hundredth from Latin centēsimus