- relating to a century; of a period of 100 years
- of a centennial
Origin of centenaryClassical Latin centenarius, of a hundred from centeni, a hundred each from centum, hundred
- Of or relating to a 100-year period.
- Occurring once every 100 years.
- A 100-year period.
- A centennial.
Origin of centenaryLatin centēnārius of a hundred from centum hundred ; see dek&mlowring; in Indo-European roots.
- Of, pertaining to, or completing a period of 100 years.
- A one hundredth anniversary
Attested since about 1790, from Late Latin centenarius (“of one hundred”), from Latin centeni (“one hundred each”) (from centum (“hundred”)) + -arius.