- of or like cardboard
- insubstantial or flimsy: a cardboard empire
- superficial or shallow: cardboard characters in a play
a material made of paper pulp but thicker and stiffer than paper; pasteboard: used for making cards, boxes, etc.
A material similar to thick, stiff paper, that is made of pressed paper pulp or pasted sheets of paper. It is used for making cartons and signs, for example.
- Made of or consisting of cardboard.
- a. Flimsy; insubstantial.b. Lacking depth; superficial: a movie with only cardboard caricatures of its historical subjects.
cardboard - Computer Definition
- Its manufactures include pianos, paper, cardboard, machinery, boats and barges.
- The tome was far heavier than she expected, made of something much different than cardboard and paper.
- If the cardboard scale upon which the beam of light is reflected by the magnetometer mirror is a flat one, the deflections as indicated by the movement of the spot of light are related to the actual deflections of the needle in the ratio of tan 20 to 0.
- As soon as I could spell a few words my teacher gave me slips of cardboard on which were printed words in raised letters.
- The card or "fly," formerly made of cardboard, now consists of a disk either of mica covered with paper or of paper alone, but in all cases the card is divided into points and degrees as shown in fig.