A usually tall candleholder.
- He put the letter under the candlestick and closed his eyes.
- This was a candle of very large dimensions, set in a candlestick big enough to hold it, which was usually placed on the north side, just below the first ascent to the high altar.
- The central stem of the candlestick was about 38 ft.
- At Winchester the paschal candlestick was of silver, and was the gift of Canute..
- The interior has a fine Cosmatesque pulpit supported by ancient columns resting on lions, a Paschal candlestick of 1245, and a good pavement of the same period with beasts and dragons.