pricket definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a small spike on which to stick a candle
- a candlestick having such a spike
- a male fallow deer in his second year, with unbranched antlers
Origin: Middle English pryket, diminutive : see prick
pricket definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A small point or spike for holding a candle upright.b. A candlestick having such a spike.
- A buck in its second year, before the antlers branch.
Origin: Middle English priket, diminutive of prik, prick, prick; see prick.