- a native of Louisiana originally descended from Acadian French immigrants
- the dialect of French spoken by the Cajuns
Origin of Cajunfrom Acadian
- of the Cajuns or their dialect or culture
- of or in the style of cooking of the Cajuns, characterized as by the use of pungent spices, sweet and hot peppers, and a well-browned roux to thicken and flavor sauces
Often sp. Ca′jan
A member of a group of people in southern Louisiana descended from French colonists exiled from Acadia in the 1700s.
Of or relating to the Cajuns or their culture.
Origin of CajunAlteration of Acadian
- Alternative capitalization of Cajun.