buses - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
Variant of bus
- a large, long motor vehicle designed to carry many passengers, usually along a regular route; omnibus
- Slang an automobile
- Elec. a heavy copper bar, strap, or other similar conductor that is not insulated, usually carries a large current, and connects many electrical circuitsalso called bus bar
Origin: < (omni)bus
- to transport by bus; specif., to transport (children) by busing
- ☆ in a restaurant, cafeteria, etc., to clear dirty dishes from: to bus tables
- to go by bus
- ☆ to do the work of a busboy
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.