- The definition of a burp is a noisy release of gas through the mouth.
An example of a burp is the noise people make after drinking a carbonated soda.
- Burp means to noisily release air through the mouth.
An example of burp is when a person expels gas from their mouth after drinking a carbonated drink.
A mother tries to get her baby to burp.
burp definition by Webster's New World
burp definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A belch.
- A brief sharp sound: the burp of antiaircraft fire.
- To belch.
- To make brief sharp sounds: “Radio noises burped from the front of the cabin” (Jonathan Kellerman).
burp - Medical Definition
- To expel gas from the stomach through the mouth.
- To cause a baby to expel gas from the stomach, as by patting the back after feeding.