of Burma (Myanmar) or its people, language, or culture
- a person born or living in Burma (Myanmar)
- the Tibeto-Burman language of the Burmese
- any of a breed of domestic cat, originating in Burma, with a short, glossy, dark brown coat and round, yellow eyes: coats of several other colors are found in European varieties
Also, for Burmeseadjective & noun & , Bur′man
Of or relating to Myanmar (Burma) or its people, language, or culture.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Myanmar.b. A person of Burmese ancestry.
- The Sino-Tibetan language of Myanmar.
- A domestic cat of a breed developed in the United States from a cat imported from Southeast Asia, having golden eyes and a short glossy brown, beige, bluish, or gray coat.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Burma (Myanmar), the Burmese people or the Burmese language.
- The Sino-Tibetan official language of the country Myanmar. Also known as Myanmar (which is the name preferred by the country's current government).
- The script in which the Myanmar language is written. Also known as Myanmar.
- from Burma + -ese