An example of built up expectations are when a child believes his Christmas morning will be perfect.
- made higher, stronger, larger, etc. by the addition of parts: built-up heels
- having many buildings on it: a built-up suburb
- Made by fastening several layers or sections one on top of the other: a built-up roof.
- Filled with buildings; developed: a built-up neighborhood.
(comparative more built-up, superlative most built-up)
(comparative more built up, superlative most built up)
- Alternative spelling of built-up.
- simple past tense and past participle of build up