A place where beer is brewed, especially commercially.
brew + -ery
- In 1896 a brewery was established at Jubbulpore.
- There is one brewery at Dapuri near Poona.
- Pasteur one day visited a brewery containing both sound and unsound beer.
- Here is situated the Dreher brewery, the largest in the monarchy; and there are also important smelting and iron works, cotton-spinning, factories of electrical plant, &c. The meeting at Schwechat of the emperor Leopold I.
- There is a large brewery in the town, and extensive market gardens in the neighbourhood.