- The definition of a bodice is the part of a woman's dress above the waist, or a vest that often laces up.
A lace-up corset that a woman wears over her stomach and breast-area is an example of a bodice.
A white dress with a lace bodice.
- the upper part of a woman's dress
- a kind of vest formerly worn over a blouse or dress by women or girls, usually laced in front
- Archaic a corset
Origin of bodicealtered ; from bodies, plural of body, in obsolete sense of “part of dress above the waist”
- The fitted part of a dress that extends from the waist to the shoulder.
- A woman's laced outer garment, worn like a vest over a blouse.
- Obsolete A corset.
Origin of bodiceAlteration of bodies, pl. of body.
- An article of clothing for women, covering the body from the neck to the waist, lacking sleeves or with detachable sleeves.
- A woman's blouse-like garment, especially with European folk dress.
- The upper portion of a one- or two-piece dress, in distinction to the skirt and sleeves.
- (archaic) A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn especially by women; a corset; stays.