- a bobbing, up-and-down movement
- any of the tufted balls forming a decorative fringe, as on curtains
- ⌂ Informal
- an awkward mistake; error
- Sports an awkward juggling of the ball in trying to catch or hold on to it
Origin of bobblefrequentative of bob,
- to move jerkily; bob
- ⌂ Informal to make an error
Informal to deal with awkwardly or unskillfully; specif., to make a bobble with (a ball)
verbbob·bled, bob·bling, bob·bles
To bob up and down.
To lose one's grip on (a ball, for example) momentarily.
A mistake or blunder.
Origin of bobbleFrom bob1.