- a walk made of thick boards
- a walk, often made of wood and elevated, placed along a beach or seafront
- A walk made of wooden planks.
- A promenade, especially of planks, along a beach or waterfront.
at the Bouctouche dunes
New Brunswick, Canada
- The Venice of the fifties, and the characters that inhabit the boardwalk, make for a moody, almost 'noir' setting, and the characters, without being hard-bitten and cynical, would not be completely out of place in a Bogart movie.
- Throw it on before or after getting in the water: If you're planning on an all-day beach outing, you may want to wear something besides a swimsuit, especially if you stroll along the boardwalk or visit any shops.
- Women who head into the city for a little downtime might be interested in hitting The Pier Shops at Caesars, the nearby Hamilton Mall or any one of the many little boutiques along the lengthy boardwalk.
- Guests strolling through the "Park" will also find several restaurants, shops and bars that border it.The ship also has an area called "The Boardwalk," which was designed to resemble a seaside town.
- She spotted him waving to her from the boardwalk outside the saloon.