- a large, aerial bomb that can demolish a large area
- ☆ a particularly powerful, forceful, or effective person or thing; specif., an expensive or pretentious film, novel, etc. intended to have wide popular appeal
- ☆ a real-estate dealer who engages in blockbusting
See blockbuster in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Something, such as a film or book, that sustains widespread popularity and achieves enormous sales.
- A high-explosive bomb used for demolition purposes.
- One that engages in the practice of blockbusting.
Origin: Sense 3, from blockbusting
Learn more about blockbuster