- a large, aerial bomb that can demolish a large area
- ⌂ a particularly powerful, forceful, or effective person or thing; specif.,
- a film, novel, etc. that is a huge financial success, typically one that has been extensively publicized and expensively produced
- anything generating widespread excitement: often used attributively: a blockbuster trade between baseball teams
- ⌂ a real-estate dealer who engages in blockbusting
Origin of blockbusterblock () + -buster
- Something, such as a film or book, that sustains widespread popularity and achieves enormous sales.
- A large, powerful bomb used especially in air raids on cities.
- One that engages in the practice of blockbusting.
Origin of blockbusterSense 3, from blockbusting.
- An exceptional event.
- There was a blockbuster trade in baseball today.