- The definition of being that is because or since.
An example of being that is someone saying because they have green eyes they should wear the color green.
Possibly an ellipsis of "it being so that" or "it being true that"
Variant of being
- the state or fact of existing or living; existence or life
- fundamental or essential nature
- one who lives or exists, or is assumed to do so: a human being, a divine being
- all the physical and mental qualities that make up a person; personality
- fulfillment of possibilities; essential completeness
- that which exists, can exist, or can be logically conceived
Origin of beingsee be
being asor being that
Informal, Dialectal since; because
for the time being
for the present; for now