Role playing is defined as pretending to be someone else or pretending to be in a specific situation that you are not actually in at the time.verb
- An example of role playing is when you pretend that your friend is your boss and you have a practice conversation in which you ask for a raise.
- An example of role playing is when you and your spouse pretend to be out on a first date, even though you have been married for ten years.
- role-play transitive verb, intransitive verb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Psychology A therapeutic technique, designed to reduce conflict in social situations, in which participants act out particular behavioral roles in order to expand their awareness of differing points of view.
- An instance or situation in which one deliberately acts out or assumes a particular character or role.
role-playing - Business Definition
role-playing - Medical Definition