- An example of role playing is when you pretend that your friend is your boss and you have a practice conversation in which you ask for a raise.
- An example of role playing is when you and your spouse pretend to be out on a first date, even though you have been married for ten years.
- a technique in training or psychotherapy in which participants assume and act out roles so as to resolve conflicts, practice appropriate behavior for various situations, etc.
- a kind of sexual activity in which the participants assume and act out roles
- Action in which a person takes on a role (as that of an act) and pretends or acts out being that character.
- Present participle of role-play.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of roleplay