- Role playing is defined as pretending to be someone else or pretending to be in a specific situation that you are not actually in at the time.
- An example of role playing is when you pretend that your friend is your boss and you have a practice conversation in which you ask for a raise.
- An example of role playing is when you and your spouse pretend to be out on a first date, even though you have been married for ten years.
a technique in training or psychotherapy in which participants assume and act out roles so as to resolve conflicts, practice appropriate behavior for various situations, etc.
The acting out of a behavioral role or assumed character, as in therapy or education to expand awareness of differing points of view, or in certain games.
- Action in which a person takes on a role (as that of an act) and pretends or acts out being that character.
- Present participle of role-play.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of roleplay