- a technique in training or psychotherapy in which participants assume and act out roles so as to resolve conflicts, practice appropriate behavior for various situations, etc.
- a kind of sexual activity in which the participants assume and act out roles
Sabrina's role playing as a doctor might be an indicator that she will choose a career in the medical field.
- An example of role playing is when you pretend that your friend is your boss and you have a practice conversation in which you ask for a raise.
- An example of role playing is when you and your spouse pretend to be out on a first date, even though you have been married for ten years.
Role playing is defined as pretending to be someone else or pretending to be in a specific situation that you are not actually in at the time.
The acting out of a behavioral role or assumed character, as in therapy or education to expand awareness of differing points of view, or in certain games.
- Action in which a person takes on a role (as that of an act) and pretends or acts out being that character.
- Present participle of role-play.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of roleplay
- Tibia is a massive free online role-playing game where you can play with other gamers from around the globe as an adventurer who can go on quests, explore different maps, and fight various monsters with melee, ranged and magic attacks.
- Now PCs are the haven for games that require high graphical detail and complicated user interfaces - games like real-time strategy and role-playing games, where the player has to manage multiple units or complicated inventories.
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will have better graphics, more lifelike characters conversing in full speech (instead of all text dialog), real-time 24-hour cycles and will be the first role-playing game for the new Xbox 360.
- Along similar lines, strategy and role-playing games can be longer versions where they take control of one character and follow through its life by making quasi-real choices and can affect one or many within the game.
- As a big role-playing game player, I really enjoy it when I find a cool game I can continue to play without having to wait for the next installment, which sometimes takes a couple of years before being released!