- The definition of basicity is the condition of being a base, or the difficulty for an acid to react with a base determined by the number of hydrogen atoms that can be replaced in the acid.
- An example of something with basicity is sodium hydrochloride.
- An example of something that has basicity is water.
basicity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being a base
- the capacity of an acid to react with a base, measured by the number of hydrogen atoms that can be replaced by a base
basicity - Medical Definition
- The ability of an acid to react based on the number of replaceable hydrogen atoms it contains.
- The quality of being basic.