The definition of bade is expressed to someone else.
An example when someone bade farewell is when a friend said goodbye to another.
A past tense of bid
- simple past tense of bid
- In November 1827 he once more returned to the United States and bade farewell to public life.
- Dorothy held Eureka in her arms and bade her friends a fond good-bye.
- They did not kill him, but they drove him out of the city and bade him never return.
- St Bartholomew, appearing to him in a vision, bade him add a church to his foundation.
- When welcoming Tahir, Mamun bade him ask for any reward he might desire.