A map of Australia.
Australian definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of Australia or its people
- designating or of the biogeographic realm that includes Australia, New Zealand, and New Guinea
a person born or living in Australia
Australian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to Australia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- Ecology Of, relating to, or being the zoogeographic region that includes Australia and the islands adjacent to it, including New Guinea, New Zealand, Polynesia, and Tasmania.
- A native or inhabitant of Australia.
- A member of any of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
- Any of the languages of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.