A receptacle for tobacco ashes and cigarette and cigar butts.
- Two out of ten of the people that come in will take the car with no air conditioning - they're lucky to get a cigarette ashtray in it - and eight out of ten go and buy something else.
- On the desk sits an ashtray with a lit cigar slowly burning, waiting for its owner to take the next long draw off of it.
- Don't leave receipts in shopping bags, in the ashtray of your car, or floating about a purse or backpack.
- They'll wash down the inside, clean the carpeting and floor mats, and clear out the ashtray.
- Next to the ashtray rests a large brandy snifter filled with an aged Cognac.